vendredi 24 décembre 2010

Homemade Pancake Syrup


Rare, but true: on some Saturdays, I get out of bed before 10 a.m. And whenever I do, I tell myself, "hey, I have time to prepare an actual breakfast that isn't a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (although I could live on that for... ever)! And that means: it's pancake time! So I whip up my mix, flip my pancakes, do a little dance, and bummer: I realize there is no more syrup! My usual self would run to the grocerie store next door, but my unusual self thought it would be "interesting" to try and make some...

I quickly look online and try out the first syrup recipe I stumble on. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore, but it's basically consisted of melting white and brown sugars, and to mix in water and vanilla extract.

It was simple and delicious! Plus, my kitchen smelled like vanilla all morning... heaven! :)

- lychee -

Aucun commentaire: